Here are some ideas for making the most of your intimate time with your partner.
- Think about what could help you be more comfortable.
Share your thoughts with your partner, and come up with solutions together.
- Be well rested before having sex.
- Choose the time of day when you have more energy and when breathing is easiest.
You might want to avoid times when you've just eaten or had alcohol or when it's hot or humid.
- Clear your lungs beforehand.
Use your bronchodilator medicine before you have sex. This can improve your shortness of breath.
- Take your time, take it easy, and enjoy one another.
- Try a side-by-side position. It can be less tiring.
- Let your partner know when you need them to take the more active role.
- Stop and rest if you have trouble breathing.
- Talk with your doctor if you or your partner is worried about having sex.
Your doctor can give you support and advice.
Current as of: November 14, 2022
Author: Healthwise Staff
E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine
Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine
Ken Y. Yoneda MD - Pulmonology