Use this form to think about any negative feelings you have about diabetes.
My feeling is (for example, resentment):_____________________
I have this feeling because I think (for example, I resent the fact that I have diabetes and should eat less of some foods that I like):
I will let go of this feeling by (choose all that apply):
- _____Writing about what I feel and reading out loud what I wrote.
- _____Noticing positive changes (for example, feeling better when I eat more healthy foods).
- _____Talking with my family members or members of a diabetes support group.
- _____Talking with my diabetes health professional.
- _____Talking with a mental health professional. This feeling is really difficult for me and I would like to talk with a mental health professional about it.
Current as of: August 31, 2020
Author: Healthwise Staff
E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine
Adam Husney MD - Family Medicine
Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine
David C.W. Lau MD, PhD, FRCPC - Endocrinology