Symptoms of severe anxiety and panic linked with
social anxiety disorderinclude:
- Fast heart rate and fast breathing.
- Trembling and feeling weak in the knees.
- Being unable to move or run away.
Symptoms of panic include:
- Feelings of terror or hopelessness.
- Chest tightness or chest pain.
- Severe trouble breathing with a fear of choking.
- Hot flashes or chills.
- A sense of unreality (like being in a dream).
- Fear of losing control or going crazy.
- Fear of dying.
Current as of: September 23, 2020
Author: Healthwise Staff
Medical Review: Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine
Christine R. Maldonado PhD - Behavioral Health