You can help prevent foot blisters by following these tips.
- Wear shoes that fit properly.
- You should be able to wiggle your toes in your shoes while you are sitting and when you are standing.
- The inner seams of your shoes should not rub against areas of your feet.
- Stop an activity if you notice an area on your foot is getting sore and red.
A blister could be starting to form.
- Decrease friction to the skin of your feet.
Try applying petroleum jelly, such as Vaseline, or tape to areas that are likely to be rubbed by poorly fitting shoes.
Current as of: March 21, 2023
Author: Healthwise Staff (https://www.healthwise.org/specialpages/legal/abouthw/en)
Clinical Review Board (https://www.healthwise.org/mdreviewboard.aspx?lang=en)
All Healthwise education is reviewed by a team that includes physicians, nurses, advanced practitioners, registered dieticians, and other healthcare professionals.